El Paso temperatures stayed above average Monday afternoon, with an official high of 77 degrees, staying 5 degrees shy from the record high of 82 degrees set in 1981.
We expect to soon set new record highs this week.
A high pressure system has settled over the region, allowing for some very warm afternoon highs Wednesday through Saturday.
Afternoon highs are expected to match or break the record high Wednesday through Friday.
A cold front will then move through the area Sunday, cooling afternoon highs to the upper 60s Sunday, low 60s Monday and mid to upper 60s Tuesday through Wednesday of the following workweek.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- 29-year army veteran fears questions about recent soldier deaths will go unanswered
- Richard Branson’s Virgin Orbit reaches space on 2nd try
- New Mexico COVID-19 update: Doña Ana reports 106 new virus cases, 3 new deaths
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Knoxville bartenders receive $5,000 tip from generous customer