El Paso is expecting to near record highs this weekend as a strong high pressure system takes over.
Also, happening this weekend, the end to Daylight Saving Time. We fall back one hour and gain one hour of sleep Sunday.
Looking ahead, a strong cold front is expected to move through the Borderland, producing strong winds Wednesday, and cooling afternoon highs to the 60s Thursday.
Afternoon highs are expected to stay in the 60s through next weekend.
Besides the strong winds and cooler weather, we expect to stay dry with clear skies.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- New Mexico State nips New Mexico 78-76 in heated OT thriller at The Pit
- AFFIDAVIT: Southwest Airlines employee tracked by suspect before murder at the airport
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Possible first freeze this weekend
- Unvaccinated patients would pay their own hospital bills under new proposal
- UTEP relishes underdog role as it heads into New Mexico Bowl vs. Fresno State