Heat streak is expected to continue this week as afternoon highs are expected to top out in the triple digits.
A high pressure system took over the region, which is expected to keep triple digits in the forecast for the next 9 days.
There is a slight chance for a few sprinkles Tuesday morning, but nothing too promising.
Father’s Day, this coming Sunday, is expected to be the hottest day this week, and we could see another heat advisory triggered for that day.
Rain chances return next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Money over pandemic: Political struggle remains at forefront for Tokyo Olympics
- Newsfeed Now: COVID-19 puts man in ICU for 4 months and counting; Country music star tips waitress $1,000
- Video: Fist fight breaks out between passengers on flight to Austin from New Orleans
- Tuesday’s allergy forecast on 9
- Andrea’s Tuesday Forecast on 9: Rain chances decrease as high pressure moves in