El Paso saw some rain Thursday evening, and much better rain chances are in the forecast.
A strong cold front is expected to arrive Sunday, producing strong storm chances Sunday afternoon, with the possibility of heavy rainfall Monday and Tuesday.
If this forecast comes to fruition, we could potentially be talking about minor street flooding Monday and Tuesday of next week.
On top of the storm chances, we are seeing a big drop in temperatures. Afternoon highs are expected to drop to the mid to upper 80 Monday through Thursday of next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- A star is found: In 200, De Grasse finally gets his gold
- ‘Toon In!’: Book documents history of Olympics through political cartoons
- Hunt School of Nursing administered thousands of COVID-19 vaccines to Juárez maquiladora workers
- Mexico sues U.S. gun manufacturers over arms trafficking toll
- Olympics: Broken track records, an earthquake and push to change gold-medal soccer match time