El Paso is expected to be under a heat advisory Friday through Sunday.
This means afternoon highs are expected to top out at or above 105 degrees with overnight lows at or above 75 degrees.
The heat advisory could very well be extended to Monday as the heat continues.
Rain chances are gone for now, but are expected to return Wednesday of next week.
A very slight relief is in sight next week, when we expect to drop to the upper 90s.
Don’t forget to keep your furry friends cool during this heat wave. Provide them plenty of water and shade.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Comey, McCabe faced rare, intensive tax audits by IRS under Trump appointee: report
- Secret Service denial of Hutchinson story fuels attacks from both sides
- House Republicans weigh national abortion restrictions
- Graham’s relationship with Trump comes back to bite him
- Brittney Griner back in Russian court as trial resumes