Triple digit highs are expected to continue through the weekend.
A high pressure system is parked over our area, baking us for a few more days.
Moisture is expected to increase Friday, producing an increase in rain chances and some storms may become severe.
There is expected to be the possibility of hail, strong winds and heavy rainfall all associated with some storms.
Rain chances will then decline Saturday, with an uptick in storm chances Sunday through much of next week.
It won’t be until Tuesday that we begin to see temperatures drop to the mid 90s.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Cowboys set to open preseason against Broncos at Mile High on Saturday
- Locomotive FC rally from three-goal deficit for 4-4 draw with Colorado Springs
- Chihuahuas defeat Space Cowboys 6-4 to snap 3-game losing streak
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Dryer conditions this weekend
- Chiefs legend, Hall of Famer Len Dawson in hospice care
- UPDATE: Arrests made in shooting that injured a mom and toddler