El Paso is expected to warm to near triple digit highs Wednesday, before storm chances return this weekend.
A high pressure system still has a strong hold over our region, which is what is keeping us dry and hot.
Soon, this system will move out of the way, allowing for moisture to return and produce storm chances as early as Friday, with slightly more widespread storm chances Sunday.
Temperatures are expected to cool as rain chances increase. Expect highs in the upper 80s by Wednesday of next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Pfizer booster shot to be administered by City of El Paso; FDA does not authorize mixing vaccines
- Governor Greg Abbott vows to hire border patrol agents if Biden fires them
- Haitian migrants continue to arrive in El Paso, majority are released into the country
- Chihuahuas top Skeeters for third straight win, play final home game of 2021 on Monday
- Quitting smoking leads to people eating more junk food, Study Finds