El Paso is feeling the warmth as a high pressure system takes over.
So much so, we expect to near record highs this week.
The closest we get to record heat is expected to be Friday with a forecast high of 86 degrees, which comes 3 degrees shy from the record set in 1899.
The good news is a cold front is expected to arrive next week, dropping afternoon highs to the upper 70s.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- UTEP volleyball wins first-ever postseason match, advances in NIVC
- Aggies-Miners set for Battle of I-10, Round 2 at Don Haskins Center
- Lawn Looters: Man loses Christmas decorations to Grinch in a truck
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Windy conditions this weekend
- Alleged Barrio Azteca members headed to court in 2022 of murder of U.S. Consulate employees