One more day of cool weather before near record heat returns this weekend.
El Paso registered 83 degrees Thursday afternoon, and as the cold air continues to filter in, afternoon highs are expected to dip to the upper 70s Friday afternoon.
Unfortunately for those ready for the fall weather, record heat is expected to return this weekend.
A high pressure system is going to take over Saturday, bringing temperatures either to or above record heat Sunday through at least Thursday of next week.
As of now, it looks like a cold front is expected next Friday dropping afternoon highs to the low 80s and upper 70s through Saturday.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Vaccine registration builds frustration amongst elderly and other vulnerable groups
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances increase this week
- Trevelin Queen signs to NBA G League roster for 2021 season
- Juarez tracking caravans, preparing for arrival of more migrants from Central America
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional