El Paso broke the record heat streak Thursday afternoon, as highs stayed just one degree shy from the record of 89 degrees set in 1899.
Our first cold front arrives Friday, dropping afternoon highs to the low 80s, before quickly rebounding to near record heat.
The second cold front is expected next week, producing windy conditions Sunday through Tuesday.
Afternoon highs will drop to the mid 70s Monday, upper 50s Tuesday and low 60s Wednesday.
The cold air will stick around through much of next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- 40 COVID-19 cases reported in Dona Ana County, 2 deaths
- Gusty Winds Tonight, Shifting with a Cold Front for Monday; 80 the Following Monday – Your 9-Day Forecast
- Biden team readies wider economic package after virus relief
- Dog escapes Sunland Park house fire that left multiple homes burned
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment