El Paso is expecting to near record highs Friday before a cold front drops temperatures nearly 20 degrees Saturday afternoon.
The record high on Friday was set in 1980 at 71 degrees. The breezy conditions will help us either near or match the record high that afternoon.
A cold front is expected to push through the area Friday into Saturday, allowing cold air to drop afternoon highs to the low 50s Saturday.
Temperatures will quickly rebound to the mid 60s next week, before another strong cold front moves in Thursday, producing possible frozen precipitation.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Company that made Uvalde shooter’s AK-15-style rifle pulls out of NRA convention
- Watch Live: Police answer questions over response to Uvalde shooting
- Parole recommended for Charles Manson follower Patricia Krenwinkel
- Federal agency asks 100-year-old Florida woman to prove she’s alive after checks stop
- Will the mail be delivered on Memorial Day?