El Paso is now at almost 8 inches of rain for the yearly total, placing us at 3 times the amount of rainfall we had seen this time in 2006.
If we continue the same pace through the rest of the monsoon season, we could surpass the rain totals for 2006.
More storm chances remain in the forecast through the rest of the week.
As of now, the day to concentrate on is Friday, as we could see heavy rainfall that day.
Better storm chances pop up next week, so make sure to take all the precautions necessary to keep your home safe.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online
- Parkland using 2020 playoff loss as motivation into this season
- Cartoon depicts migrant campsite in Tijuana as ticking time bomb
- Collision in Upper Valley closes all lanes on Doniphan Drive near Los Mochis
- Inside rescue efforts to save the dogs of Duranguito
- NYC mandates COVID vaccine proof to enter indoor restaurants, venues, gyms