A high pressure system is expected to produce hot temperatures Friday through the weekend.
Afternoon highs are expected to soar into the triple digits and near record highs Friday and Saturday.
A cold front will try to move through the area, producing strong winds Saturday through Monday with temperatures slowly dropping to the mid 90s.
Storm chances are expected to return Wednesday of next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Guitarist Carlos Santana collapses during performance in Michigan
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances continue this week
- Man arrested after stabbing attempt, fleeing deputies
- Downtown CVS to close down for good
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- UT Austin now tracking drug overdoses in Texas