El Paso is expected to see 107 degrees this weekend, the hottest we have been so far this year.
Highs are expected to stay above 105 degrees in the afternoon Friday through Saturday, with overnight lows above 75 degrees through Monday morning. This could prompt an excessive heat warning.
During an excessive heat warning, you want to stay indoors during the hottest part of the day. Seek a cooling area, whether that is your house, a library, or a rec area. Here is a list of all the cooling centers across town if you need one.
You also want to avoid any strenuous activities outdoors, wear light colored clothing, keep hydrated, and do NOT leave your kids or pets inside a hot car for any period. It can be deadly.
Rain chances are expected to return this weekend and stay in the forecast for the rest of next week.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Vice president Harris talks about voting rights with Texas lawmakers
- Virus relief again available to immigrants, elderly in New Mexico
- Free Father’s Day Celebration concert planned by El Paso Parks and Rec. Dept.
- Protecting yourself against utility scams with El Paso Water
- Child tax credit checks: IRS launches new tool to prevent parents from missing out on payments