El Paso registered the warmest day so far for the month of October at 95°, breaking the previous record high of 92° set back in 2015. Thankfully, this heat will briefly come to an end.
A cold front is expected to arrive Thursday morning, producing breezy winds and cooling afternoon highs to the low 80s.
The cold air will continue to filter in, further dropping afternoon highs to the 70s on Friday.
A high pressure system takes over and warms afternoon highs to the upper 80s and low 90s Saturday through Tuesday. We expect to near record heat for El Paso these days.
The latest we have ever seen a 90 degree temperature is October 26th.
Stay safe and weather aware with KTSM 9 News on air and online.
- Homeless families, senior citizens, amongst most vulnerable to winter-like conditions in the Borderland
- El Paso strip clubs to remain open after Mayor Margo breaks tie vote
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Winter weather continues through Wednesday
- Man buys car for stranger after learning of ‘distraught’ mother’s plight
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam