Traffic & Roadways
- Transmountain Closed until Further notice
- Ysleta ISD – students will participate in online learning at regularly scheduled times on Monday due to freezing temperatures. Grab and go meals will not be available.
- Socorro ISD – Schools and district offices will function remotely Monday, February 15, 2021. Instruction will be provided virtually per normal school hours. School and district support employees will work remotely. Essential personnel will be notified by their supervisor of their work schedule. The curbside meal program will be closed for the day.
- San Elizario ISD- switched to online instruction Monday, Feb 15. Curbside meal services canceled Monday, Feb. 15. Weather permitting, meals will be distributed on Tuesday, February 16, 2021, at SEHS, GEMS, Alarcon Elementary, and Borrego Elementary.
- Tornillo ISD – Classes will be online Monday, February 15
- Fabens ISD – Classes will move to remote instruction Monday, Feb 15. All instructional staff and students will log in remotely. There will be no food service on Monday. Security will remain on duty, but the remaining staff is asked to stay home.
- Anthony ISD – Classes will be 100% Online Monday, Feb 15. All Staff ordered to stay home, no meals will be delivered.
- La Fe Preparatory School – Already Scheduled to be closed for President’s Day Holiday
- UTEP – all in-person activities, including services at walk-up COVID-19 testing sites will start at 10 a.m. on Monday. Remote activities will continue at regularly scheduled times.
- EPCC – all classes and operations scheduled online will be offered remotely on Monday, Feb. 15.
- TTUHSC – delayed opening until noon on Monday, Feb. 15. All in-person classes will resume in the afternoon, and employees currently working on campus may return to their offices once campus has opened.
- The City’s administrative offices and all Municipal Courts will open at 10 a.m. on Monday. Early morning Municipal Court cases will be automatically reset, and residents will be notified accordingly.
- El Paso Zoo- Closed Sunday, Feb. 14. Will resume normal operations on Wednesday, Feb 17 at 9:30 a.m.
- All curbside appointments at Animal Services Center will be canceled and rescheduled.
- The city of El Paso says library curbside pickup service will be suspended on Monday due to freezing weather.
Fixed routes and LIFT Paratransit services will be operating on a normal schedule on Monday. However, due to the roadway conditions passengers may experience delays. Route information is available at www.SunMetro.net or by dialing (915) 212-3333.
The Paso Del Norte, Stanton and Zaragoza international bridges remain open to the traveling public. Street crews have been treating the bridges to keep them passable.
Due to the roadway conditions, the Greater El Paso Landfill located at 2600 Darrington Road in Clint will have a two-hour delayed start on Monday. The landfill will open at 9 a.m. For more information about the landfill, visit www.elpasotexas.gov/ESD or dial (915) 212-6000. Garbage and recycling collections will not be affected, as they do not operate on Mondays.
- Winter weather is impacting flights today at El Paso International Airport (EPIA). Information about flight delays and cancellations is available at: http://www.elpasointernationalairport.com/flights/departures.
- El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank – ALL Primary Pantry distribution sites will be closed on Monday, February 15, 2021, due to inclement weather. This includes our location at 9541 Plaza Circle.
- WellMed Clinics – Delayed opening until 12 p.m. Monday, Feb 15. Physicians and other clinic staff will reach out to patients with Monday appointments to re-schedule or to offer online video visits.
- Centro De Salud Familiar La Fe – All facilities delayed opening until 10 a.m. Includes clinic, administration, and community-service sites.
- Texas Tech Physicians of El Paso Clinics – delayed opening until noon
The Office of Emergency Management and Department of Public Health will continue providing COVID-19 vaccines at the Don Haskins Recreation Center and George Perry sites for individuals who have scheduled appointments.
The COVID-19 hotline (915-212-6843) will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The public may also contact staff via email at COVID19vaccine@elpasotexas.gov. For more information or to register for the vaccine visit www.epcovidvaccine.com.
COVID-19 Testing Sites
State testing locations will be closed today, Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15 due to inclement weather.
State testing sites will resume regular hours on Tuesday, February 16.
The following State sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Sunday, will be closed on Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15:
- Ascarate Park, 6800 Delta, El Paso, TX
- El Paso Community College Valle Verde Campus, 919 Hunter Dr., EL Paso, TX
- Nation Tobin Recreation Center, 8831 Railroad Dr., El Paso, TX
- SISD Student Activities Complex, 1300 Joe Battle Blvd., El Paso, TX
- UTEP Schuster 1 Parking Lot (Schuster Avenue and Spur 1966 Roundabout, on the south side of the complex), El Paso, TX
- Eastside Sports Complex, 14380 Montwood, El Paso, TX
- Region 19 Kenworthy Complex, 9776 Kenworthy, El Paso, TX
The following State saliva testing sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, will be closed on Monday, February 15:
- Memorial Park, 1701 N. Copia, El Paso, TX
- ESD 2 Fire Station, 11440 N. Loop, Socorro, TX
The following State rural testing sites, regularly open from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday, will be closed on Monday, February 15:
- West Valley Fire St., 510 Vinton Rd., Anthony, TX
- ESD #2 HQ, 16001 Socorro Rd., Fabens,TX
The UMMC testing site, regularly open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Sunday, will be closed on Sunday, February 14 and Monday, February 15:
- County SportsPark, 1780 N. Zaragoza, El Paso, TX
Emergency management officials strongly advise the public to be cautious during extremely cold temperatures forecasted by the National Weather Service (NWS). Several other testing locations are available to the public.
Open from 8AM to 8PM from February 14 to February 15:
- Galatzan Recreation Center
- 650 Wallenberg Dr.
- Clardy Fox Library
- 5515 Robert Alva Ave.
- Marty Robbins Rec Center
- 11600 Vista Del Sol Dr.
- Memorial Senior Center
- 1800 Byron St.
- Wellington Chew Senior Center
- 4430 Maxwell Ave.
- Pavo Real Senior Center
- 9301 Alameda Ave.
- San Juan Senior Center
- 5701 Tamburo Ct.
- Brewster County:
- EPC 102 S. 2nd Street, Alpine, TX
- Hudspeth County:
- Sierra Blanca HS, 500 Sierra Blanca Dr., Sierra Blanca, TX
- Chuch: 401 Sierra Blanca Dr., Sierra Blanca, TX
- No major incidents to report (5:20 p.m.)