EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – UTEP’s Veronika Lebisova has been selected to the 2022 Conference USA Women’s All-Academic Team.
Lebisova is the first player in program history to land a spot on the squad since the Miners joined the league in 2005-06.
The sophomore has compiled a team-best 16 singles victories on the year, including a stout 8-3 in dual play (1-1 at No. 2, 2-1 at No. 3 and 5-1 at No. 5). She has won two straight and seven of her last nine singles matches.
Lebisova boasts a perfect 4.0 GPA while majoring in kinesiology. She has also thrived on the court for the Miners.
In doubles play she has joined forces with Thassane Abrahim to register a record of 9-4 at the No. 1 position in dual action for the Orange and Blue. The duo has claimed back-to-back matches and eight of the past 10.
Help support UTEP student-athletes by making a gift to the Miner Athletic Club. Visit givingto.utep.edu/mac today!
- Chihuahuas beat Space Cowboys 9-5
- Americas suffers 8-1 loss against Flower Mound Marcus in Game 2
- El Paso Locomotive FC steal three points in Sin City, beat Las Vegas Lights FC 1-0
- NM State grabs 7-3 win over Sacramento State, advance to WAC Tournament Championship
- UTEP’s Jevaughn Powell punches ticket to NCAA Outdoor Track & Field National Championships
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Triple digits and windy conditions this weekend