EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Perhaps the best player in the city of El Paso in the Class of 2023, Canutillo running back LJ Martin received a scholarship offer from Navy on Wednesday.
The Midshipmen are the 14th Division I program to extend an offer to the four-star prospect, who rushed for well over 2,000 yards as a junior in 2021.
Martin is considered by the recruiting service Rivals as a top-200 recruit in the entire nation for the Class of 2023. They also have him rated as the seventh-best All-Purpose Running Back in the Class of 2023.
Navy joins the likes of Air Force, Baylor, Colorado State, Kansas, Kansas State, Texas Tech, UTSA and UTEP – as well as plenty of other programs – to extend an offer to Martin.
It’s only the spring before his senior season begins; other offers could roll in for Martin. Regardless of whether or not they do, he’ll have a big decision to make very soon.
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Windy Memorial Day weekend
- El Paso lawmakers question state’s gun laws
- “Every parent’s worst nightmare” – parents react after Uvalde shooting
- Onlookers urged police to charge into Texas school
- What we know about the Texas school shooting timeline
- Longtime UTEP Head Athletic Trainer Dawn Hearn Announces Retirement