Which One A Day vitamins are best?
If you’re looking for a multivitamin to give your immune system and overall health a boost, One A Day has it all. These vitamins are carefully formulated to support the nutritional needs of anybody, regardless of age or sex. They’re generally easy to take and considered a safe option for people who are looking to increase their daily vitamin and mineral intake.
Reasons to take One A Day vitamins
Eating a balanced diet is often the best way to get the essential vitamins and minerals needed for a healthy body. However, if you live a fast-paced lifestyle, it can be difficult to keep up with your nutritional needs. That’s where vitamins come in. One A Day multivitamins could help by:
- Improving the rate of vitamin and mineral absorption: As people get older, their bodies start to slow down when it comes to how well and quickly they can absorb certain nutrients from food.
- Combating nutrient deficiency: Many people suffer from a deficiency in specific vitamins or minerals. This is often due to having a certain diet, drinking alcohol, taking prescription medications or underlying health conditions. Symptoms of a nutrient deficiency include brittle hair, bleeding gums, dry skin, dandruff and hormonal changes.
- Filling other nutritional gaps: Even if you spend a lot of time preparing healthy, well-rounded meals, you could still be lacking in certain areas. Multivitamins can help fill in the gaps.
- Replenishing lost nutrients: Most people, especially those who exercise regularly, lose essential nutrients throughout the day. Multivitamins can replenish these, something that’s particularly helpful for bodybuilders and athletes.
- Supporting a healthy pregnancy: Certain dietary supplements, such as multivitamins or prenatal vitamins, can help ensure a smooth, healthy pregnancy.
- Aiding with other health conditions: Vitamins can help those who suffer from certain health conditions, such as Crohn’s Disease, especially when that condition prevents absorption.
- Supplementing specific diets: With vitamins, you can get more of the essential nutrients your regular diet might be lacking.
- Lowering the risk of chronic illness: According to PubMed, taking daily vitamins could lower the risk of developing certain diseases, such as cardiovascular disease.
Types of One A Day vitamins
One A Day vitamins come in two main forms:
- Tablets or capsules: These are taken with water or another liquid and swallowed whole. For those with sensitive stomachs, they should be taken with meals.
- Gummies: These often contain an artificial fruit flavor and can be chewed and swallowed. Many vitamins, especially those for children, come in gummy form.
These vitamins are formulated for specific demographics, including:
- Age: Kids, adults, older adults, etc.
- Biological sex: Male or female.
They’re also meant for certain health needs, such as:
- Immunity support.
- Energy boost.
- Heart health.
- Skin and hair health.
- Nail support.
Some of these vitamins can be taken in conjunction with one another. However, you should only take those meant for you to get what you need.
On the back of each container should be a detailed list of the ingredients included. It should also have the percentage daily value, which is based on a typical 2,000-calorie diet. If you’re looking for specific vitamins or minerals, check the label to see if the multivitamin has what you need. Keep in mind that the ingredients and quantities can vary based on factors like age.
Common ingredients in One A Day vitamins include:
- Vitamins A, C, D, E and K.
Some multivitamins include other ingredients, such as gelatin, gluten or flavoring agents. These generally support the structure of the supplement or give it a specific taste. These ingredients are also listed on the label or back of the container.
When buying tablets, most containers have between 160 and 300 tablets. Gummies usually come in a lower count of 80 to 230.
As indicated by the name, One A Day vitamins should be taken once daily. If you have specific nutritional needs or aren’t sure what to take, consult a doctor for advice.
8 best One A Day vitamins
With 200 tablets, this multivitamin is ideal for those looking for complete immune system support and general health. It fills in nutritional gaps and can help with everything from healthy muscle function to digestive processes to energy and heart health. It contains no artificial colors, flavors or sweeteners.
FDA-compliant, these vitamins offer immune support and can give your skin, hair, heart and bones a healthy boost. They contain 100% of the recommended daily value for over 10 essential vitamins and minerals. The container comes with 200 tablets.
For adults over the age of 50, this multivitamin can help the body absorb essential nutrients. It also supports brain function, bone health, eye health and energy levels. It doesn’t contain any dairy, wheat or shellfish allergens. It comes in a 200-count bottle.
Sold by Amazon
With 200 tablets in the container, this multivitamin is formulated for those over the age of 50. It can help support heart and brain health while giving the overall immune system a boost.
This gummy multivitamin is perfect for those who don’t like or have trouble taking pills. It is made for growing teenagers and has a fruity flavor. It specifically supports bone development and immune health. It’s also free from high fructose corn syrup. There are 60 gummies in the container for a 30-day supply.
Sold by Amazon
Also formulated for adolescents, this 60-count gummy multivitamin supports immune and bone health. It also contains essential nutrients, such as B vitamins, niacin and biotin, to help convert food into energy, making it ideal for active kids. The gummies also have a good fruity taste, making them easier to take.
Sold by Amazon
Formulated for anyone over the age of 65, this supplement contains the necessary vitamins and minerals to help support general health and nutrient absorption. It can also support bone health, give you an energy boost and promote healthy blood pressure. It comes with 150 tablets and contains vitamins D and B12. It does not contain vitamin K.
Sold by Amazon
This complete prenatal multivitamin can help supplement a healthy diet before, during and after pregnancy. It contains folic acid, iron and vitamin D to support bone health, brain development and eye development. It’s free of artificial sweeteners, flavors and dairy.
Sold by Amazon
Want to shop the best products at the best prices? Check out Daily Deals from BestReviews.
Sign up here to receive the BestReviews weekly newsletter for useful advice on new products and noteworthy deals.
Angela Watson writes for BestReviews. BestReviews has helped millions of consumers simplify their purchasing decisions, saving them time and money.
Copyright 2022 BestReviews, a Nexstar company. All rights reserved.