EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A second person has been charged in connection with a murder that occurred in Socorro last February.
19-year-old Daisy Rodriguez, was arrested and charged after a continued investigation where she was identified as a participant in the murder of Azul Ruiz, back in February 12, 2022.
When the El Paso County Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit was requested by Socorro Police, detectives identified 19-year-old Carlos Alberto Sifuentes as responsible for Ruiz’s death and made the arrest a day after the crime occurred.
Rodriguez has been booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility under a $1,250,000.00 bond.
Back in February, EPCSO officials say the Socorro Police Department (SPD) responded to a call of ‘shots fired’ at a home along the 200 block of Isabel Way.
Once SPD officers arrived, they found Ruiz with a gunshot wound. Ruiz was rushed to a local hospital, where she later died due to her injuries.
SPD Officers then requested the Sheriff’s Office Major Crimes Unit to assist in the investigation.
RELEATED STORY: Man arrested after deadly shooting in Socorro
- Guitarist Carlos Santana collapses during performance in Michigan
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances continue this week
- Man arrested after stabbing attempt, fleeing deputies
- Downtown CVS to close down for good
- FDA temporarily suspends order banning sales of Juul
- UT Austin now tracking drug overdoses in Texas