EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – Walmart is inviting communities to its Walmart Wellness Day on Saturday, July 23 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., where customers can receive free glucose, cholesterol, BMI and blood pressure screenings as well as affordable immunizations like tetanus, hepatitis, HPV, COVID-19 and more at pharmacies nationwide.
Walmart Wellness Day encourages families to get healthy and stay on a healthy track by helping them know their numbers and then seek care to improve their healthy lifestyles. Knowing your numbers is just a start but additional, helpful information allows you to make decisions and track your health improvement. Walmart Wellness Day is also a great time for customers to learn about our health and wellness offerings and solutions.
More than 4,600 Walmart pharmacies across the country will host Walmart Wellness Day events from 10 a.m. – 2p.m. local time on July 23.
Select stores will also feature vision screenings to make it even easier for customers to access the resources they need. Walmart Wellness Day events will feature the following health resources, administered by qualified pharmacy and Vision Center teams:
- Free health screenings, including glucose, cholesterol, blood pressure, body mass index and vision screenings (select locations)
- Affordable immunizations, including pneumonia, tetanus, HPV, measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), varicella (chicken pox/shingles), whooping cough (TDAP), Hep A & B and more
- No cost to patient COVID-19 vaccines
- Wellness resources + opportunity to talk with pharmacists
Looking for options on how to pay for your back to school purchases? Use Affirm to buy now and pay overtime on all eligible items in Walmart Vision Centers. What is Affirm? Affirm is a flexible and transparent alternative to credit cards and other pay-over-time options that never charges any late or hidden fees. By selecting Affirm at checkout, eligible customers can finance purchases ranging from $144-$2000 over 3-24 months (rates from 10-30% APR), providing flexibility and choice with how and when you want to pay.
Payment options through Affirm are subject to eligibility, may not be available in all states, and are provided by these lending partners: affirm.com/lenders. CA residents: Loans by Affirm Loan Services, LLC are made or arranged pursuant to a California Finance Lenders Law license.
Since 2014, Walmart pharmacies have hosted Walmart Wellness Days, contributing more than 4.7 million free health screenings for customers. More than 4,000 Walmart stores are in medically underserved areas, which means Walmart is often the first stop for health care in these rural and underserved communities. To find a free event in your neighborhood, visit Walmart.com/wellnesshub.
- El Paso ISD transitions back to application requirement for school meals
- Biden administration says ‘Remain in Mexico’ policy is over
- Beachgoer finds body of Florida man buried alive in freak dune collapse, sheriff’s office says
- Albuquerque Police: Suspect detained in murder of Muslim men
- Man suspected of stealing more than 2 dozen guns from store
- Over 200 stranded on top of New Mexico mountains after storm cuts power to tram