Grocery shopping just got a whole lot easier for El Paso shoppers. Walmart, the largest grocer in the U.S., launched its online grocery pickup service at three El Paso-area stores. The free service enables customers to order groceries online and pick them up at their local Walmart store without even leaving their cars.
“At Walmart, we have always been known for saving our customers money and, with services like grocery pickup, we are also saving them valuable time,” said Jesse Luna. “Our customers have told us that grocery pick up is a game changer. They are now able to complete their grocery shopping in a matter of minutes – between errands or on their way home from an after school activity – without even unbuckling their seat belts.”
Walmart’s grocery pickup service features 30,000 items with more than 90 percent of customers choosing to add fresh meat, dairy or produce to their baskets. Other top items selected by grocery pickup shoppers include after school snacks, diapers and large dog food bags. All items are priced at the same low prices customers find in their local Walmart store.
How it Works
- Order and Choose a Pickup Time: Customers visit walmart.com/grocery online or through the Walmart Grocery mobile app, enter their zip codes to select a local store and begin creating their shopping lists. During checkout, they select a time to pick up their orders.
- Personal Grocery Shoppers Fill the Basket: Highly-trained personal shoppers carefully select the freshest produce, meats and other items each customer requested.
- Pick Up and Go: Once a customer arrives at the pickup location, there will be reserved parking spaces marked in orange, and a designated number to call to alert an associate. An associate will quickly retrieve the prepared order and load it into the customer’s car.
Walmart always guarantees the quality of the food being picked up or purchased in store through its Freshness Guarantee for meat and produce. If customers are unsatisfied with an item, they simply bring back the receipt for a full refund.
Walmart’s Online Grocery service is available at the following El Paso-area stores:
- 4530 Woodrow Bean, El Paso, TX 79924
- 13900 Horizon Blvd, Horizon City, TX 79928
- 12236 Montana Ave, El Paso, TX 79938
Making Shopping Even Easier
Walmart’s Online Grocery service is one of many ways Walmart is using technology to create a better shopping experience for its customers. Another tool is the Walmart mobile app which is used by more than twenty million customers monthly* and ranks among the top three retail apps in the Google and Apple app stores. The app enhances the shopping experience in Walmart stores with features including refilling pharmacy prescriptions, finding an item’s store location and Walmart Pay, a safe, easy and convenient way for customers to pay with their smartphones in Walmart stores (available nationwide this summer).