EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Doña Ana County Fire & Emergency Services were dispatched to the 400 block of Paseo Real Drive, in Chaparral due to a fire.
It happened Tuesday afternoon when Doña Ana County Fire & Emergency Services responded to a structure fire caused by an electrical short that according to a release, quickly spread throughout the home.
According to a release, two firefighters were injured and got evaluated at a local hospital before being released.
With support from the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office, American Medical Response, El Paso Electric and Otero County firefighters, the fire was brought under control and extinguished minutes after it had started.
No further damage or other injuries were reported.
Neighbors in the area started a GoFundMe account to help Mr. Don Kingery, owner of the home caught on fire.
According to the GoFundMe profile, Mr. Kingery lost all of his belongings in the fire including two of his three cats, and neighbors ask the community for help.
Mrs. Valero, a next door neighbor, says Mr. Kingery is a great neighbor and her 15 year-old son decided to open the GoFundMe account to assist him in anyway possible.