MITCHELL COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A 2-year-old little girl drowned in the swimming area of Lake Colorado City Friday night.
Game wardens say the little girl, who was not wearing a life jacket, was playing on a raft or floatation-type device in the swimming area when she fell off into the water just before 7:00 p.m.
There were other people at the lake when she fell off, and a social media page indicates they tried to help save her, but their efforts were unsuccessful.
However, the game wardens did confirm citizens were able to recover the 2-year-old’s body before law enforcement arrived on scene.
The little girl’s identity was not released due to her age, but the family is possibly local to Colorado City.
KTAB and KRBC are waiting for more information from the Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office and the Lake Colorado City State Park.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for additional details on this drowning.
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted floating in Yellowstone hot spring
- Biden keeps student loan borrowers in suspense over payment pause
- Judge orders Starbucks to reinstate fired workers who led unionization effort
- Ghillie suits can’t help migrants avoid detection
- UTEP Fall Camp Burning Questions: How destructive can the defensive line be?
- Chihuahuas hang on for 2-1 victory over Round Rock