Get ready, West El Pasoans!
Another 27-hour road closure is coming to your neck of the woods as part of various TxDOT projects.
The following roadways will close from 3 a.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday:
- I-10 Westbound will close completely at North Mesa.
- Detour: Motorists on I-10 West will exit at North Mesa (Exit 11), then follow North Mesa Street (SH 20) to Doniphan Drive, then follow Doniphan Drive to Redd Road. Motorists may re-enter I-10 using the Redd Road entrance ramp.
- I-10 Eastbound will close at Sunland Park.
- North Mesa Street (SH 20) will close in both directions at the I-10 overpass between South Desert Boulevard and Remcon/Bartlett. This closure is necessary to facilitate the detour route designated for motorists exiting from I-10 West.
- North Desert Boulevard will close between North Mesa Street (SH 20) and Thorn Avenue.
According to TxDOT, the new North Mesa entrance ramp to I-10 West and both turnaround lanes at I-10 and North Mesa will be open once the closure lifts.