EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — El Paso Police said a 19-year-old man was killed in a crash around 4:10 a.m. on Thursday in Far East El Paso. This is the 59th traffic fatality in El Paso for 2020.
According to the EPPD, 19-year-old Christopher Jones was traveling south in a 2009 Honda Accord on Sun Kings Street, near Paseo Rey Drive, when he crashed into a parked, unoccupied Ford Bronco.
Jones sustained life-threatening injuries and was transported to an area hospital, where he later died.
Police said speed is a contributing factor in the crash.
The investigation is ongoing.
El Paso Police’s Special Traffic Investigators responded to a two-vehicle crash in East El Paso on Thursday morning.
The crash happened at the 12000 block Paseo Rey Drive near Saul Kleinfeld and Montwood drives, around 5 a.m. Thursday.
STI said serious injuries have been reported.
Details are limited. This story will be updated as more information is available.
- 16-year-old boy allegedly shot and killed by Juarez Police officer
- ‘Somebody wake me up’: Proud dad reacts to Clearwater’s Bobby Finke winning gold at Tokyo Olympics
- Update: San Elizario shooter identified, charged with murder
- Plaza Classic Film Festival kicks off first day with classics like The Big Sleep and Rear Window
- ‘Disappointing:’ Pandemic keeps super fan away from Tokyo