A 27-hour traffic closure will be in effect until Sunday morning as part of TxDOT’s Go10 Project.
According to a news release, the following roadways will remain closed until 6 a.m. Sunday:
- I-10 Westbound will close completely between Executive and North Mesa
- Detour: Motorists on I-10 Westbound will exit at Executive Center (Exit 16) and follow Executive Center Boulevard to North Mesa Street (SH 20), then follow North Mesa Street (SH 20) to North Desert Boulevard. Motorists may use the Redd Road entrance ramp to re-enter I-10 Westbound.
- All exit ramps and entrance ramps at I-10 and Sunland Park will close.
- Sunland Park Drive will close between Constitution Drive and the mall traffic signal lights.
- The Schuster/UTEP entrance ramp to I-10 Westbound will close.
- The US 85 direct connector westbound bridge, which leads to Sunland Park Drive, will close at McNutt Road.
- The Racetrack entrance ramp to the US 85 westbound bridge will close.
- Paisano Drive (US 85) – near the auto dealerships – will close at Sunland Park Drive.
- Crockett Street access to Paisano Drive (US 85) will close.
- The Sunland Park flyover entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close.
- The Resler flyover entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close.
During the closure, crews will install permanent traffic signals, lay down permanent striping on Sunland Park, and remove barriers.
TxDOT officials say “the game plan is to be 99.9 percent finished with construction work on Sunland Park Drive” by Sunday, according to the release.
Stay with KTSM.com to stay out of traffic.