EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Late night drivers need to be aware of an overnight closure that will shut down Interstate 10 in both directions Wednesday night.
The closure was originally scheduled for December but had to be postponed due to freezing temperatures.
Now I-10 will close at 9 p.m. on Wednesday night and not reopen until 5 a.m.
Here are more details according to TxDOT:
- Date: Wednesday, January 15, 2020
- Time: 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Where: I-10 will be closed to all traffic at US 54.
- Detour: Eastbound and westbound traffic on I-10 will take Exit 22B (US 54/Alamogordo/Juárez/Fort Bliss), travel north on US 54 to Exit 22B (Pershing Drive), use the Pershing Turnaround, enter southbound US 54 and follow signs to eastbound I-10, westbound I-10 or Juárez.
- What: Crews will pour concrete for a bridge deck on the new direct connector ramp over I-10 linking southbound US 54 to the Bridge of the Americas.
Here is a look at other planned closures TxDOT has for later this week:
Sunday, January 19, 2020
4 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- US 54 will be closed to all traffic between I-10 and Loop 375.
- DETOUR: I-10 to Exit 23B (US 62/180/Paisano Drive/Chelsea Street) to US 54.
- NOTE: Trucks bound from southbound US 54 to the Bridge of the Americas should follow the above detour, turn south on Boone Street and follow the marked US 62 truck detour.
- Crews will be relocating an overhead electrical line.
Sunday, January 19, through Thursday, January 23, 2020
Nightly from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- US 62 (Paisano Drive) will be closed to all traffic between Gateway Boulevard North and Gateway Boulevard South.
- DETOURS: Westbound traffic will turn right on Gateway Boulevard North, left on SH 20 (Alameda Avenue) and left on Loop 478 (Copia Street), before returning to US 62 (Paisano Drive). Eastbound traffic will turn right on San Marcial Street, left on Delta Drive, and left on Boone Street before returning to US 62 (Paisano Drive).
- NOTE: During nightly closures, trucks bound from southbound US 54 to the Bridge of the Americas must continue on US 54 to eastbound Loop 375, take Exit 56 (Fonseca Drive), enter westbound Loop 375, take Exit 20 (US 62/Paisano Drive) and follow the marked US 62 truck detour.
- Crews will be working on the bridge deck.