EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — A 30-year-old El Paso man was killed in a car crash Wednesday night on FM 181, about 30 minutes northwest of Odessa.
Two others died in the crash, in addition to 30-year-old Glenn Juarez of El Paso, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
DPS said that a 2012 GMC Terrain driven by Marlene A. Olivas, 25, of Odessa, was traveling south on FM 181. For an unknown reason, Olivas’ car crossed the center stripe, driving on the wrong side of the road.
Olivas’ car sideswiped a car and a tractor-trailer semi before colliding head-on with the 2014 Chevrolet Silverado that Juarez was driving.
Olivas, along with 9-month-old Magdaly A. Olivas, who was a passenger in her car, and Juarez, were pronounced dead at the scene.
The first car that Olivas sideswiped was driven by a man from Santa Teresa, N.M., who was not injured.
- COVID-19 Immunity: How long do antibodies last?
- Postcards From Americans: Texas-based project rounds up letters to the President
- Turkey theft brought Thanksgiving Day trouble for small business in East Alabama
- El Paso area home to one of the first Thanksgivings
- NMSU set to open 2020-21 season against NAIA power Arizona Christian