EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The following portions of I-10 and other nearby roadways will close this week due to construction of various TxDOT projects.
Until Monday, June 10 (6 a.m.)
- I-10 East will close completely between Redd Road and Executive Center Boulevard.
- I-10 West will close completely between Schuster and Sunland Park
- I-10 East will close completely between North Mesa Street (SH 20) and Sunland Park Drive.
Sunday, June 9 (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
- I-10 East will be closed at US-54
- Detour: Eastbound traffic on I-10 will take Exit 22A (Loop 478/Copia Street), continue east on Gateway Boulevard East, and re-enter I-10 east of Raynolds Street.
- The on-ramp that connects Gateway Boulevard East to eastbound I-10 east of Loop 478 (Copia Street) will be closed to all traffic.
Monday, June 10, and Tuesday, June 11 (9 p.m. to 6 a.m.)
- US-54 North will be closed to all traffic from the Altura Avenue overpass to Fred Wilson Avenue.
- Detour: Northbound traffic on US 54 will take Exit 23 (Fort Bliss/Cassidy Road) to Gateway Boulevard North and continue through the traffic light at Fred Wilson Avenue before re-entering northbound US 54.
- I-10 West will close completely between the Sunland Park exit ramp and the Sunland Park entrance ramp.
- Detour: Motorists will exit at Sunland Park (exit 13) and follow the CD lanes to re-enter I-10 West at the next ramp.
- Ramp C, which connects northbound US 54 to westbound I-10, will be closed to all traffic.
- Detour: Remain on northbound US 54, take Exit 23 (Fort Bliss/Cassidy Road), and then take Exit 22 (Pershing Drive) to Gateway Boulevard North. Traffic will then use the newly widened turnaround at Pershing Drive to access Gateway Boulevard South then enter southbound US 54 and continue straight ahead to enter westbound I-10.
Tuesday, June 11 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- I-10 West will be closed to all traffic at Eastlake
Tuesday, June 11, and Wednesday, June 12 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- US-54 South will be closed to all traffic from the Cassidy Road overpass to the Pershing Drive underpass.
- Detour: All traffic on southbound US 54 must take Exit 22 (Pershing Drive/Fort Bliss), then take the Pershing Drive/Altura Avenue exit, continue on Gateway Boulevard South, and re-enter US 54 north of Pershing Drive. All traffic bound from westbound Spur 601 to US 54 will go northbound on US 54; traffic seeking to head south will take Exit 25 (Ellerthorpe Avenue) and U-turn.
Wednesday, June 12 and Thursday, June 13 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- I-10 East will close completely at the Sunland Park exit ramp.
- Detour: Motorists will exit at Sunland Park (exit 13) and follow the CD lanes to re-enter I-10 East.