EL PASO, TX (KTSM) – On Wednesday, July 20, the El Paso County Constable’s Office arrested 32-year-old John Daniel Brown after serving an eviction notice, when they discovered controlled substances in the home.
Upon arrival, at the 10200 block of Kenworthy, constables say they got into a brief altercation with Brown. He was shortly detained and later constables found suspicious items inside Brown’s home.
Constables requested help from El Paso Police Department Bomb Squad unit. The suspicious items were removed by the bomb squad.
A writ of possession is a court order that allows a landlord to take back their property by force. If the tenant doesn’t move within a set number of days, the tenant’s property will be removed from the premises by law enforcement.
Constables arrested Brown on charges of resisting arrest and possession of a controlled substance over 4 grams (methamphetamine).
Constable Danny Zamora stated that there was no active threat to the neighborhood in reference to the suspicious items that were located.
Offense 1: resisting arrest, Search, or Transport – $2,000 Bond
Offense 2: possession of controlled substance -$7,000 Bond
RELATED STORY: EPPD Bomb Squad responds to call in Northeast El Paso
- Love Your Block invites EP residents to apply
- Solange Knowles becomes first Black woman to compose score for NYC Ballet
- $89,000 in undeclared cash seized from vehicle bound for Mexico
- Director says CDC must ‘do better’ after review of COVID-19 response
- Get free baby diapers, wipes and more
- Borderland Spotlight: 109-year-old El Pasoan shares wisdom