SOUTH PADRE ISLAND (ValleyCentral) — Over 1,200 people witnessed the release of baby turtle hatchlings this morning.
At 6:45 a.m. Sea Turtle, Inc. released Kemp’s ridley sea turtle hatchlings into South Padre Island waters.
Due to a high number of nest laid in the same week, the organization was able to have a spontanious releasing.
The public release took place at Cameron County Access Four.
After releasing the turtles, many traveled back to the Sea Turtle Inc. to celebrate Hang Ten’s birthday.
The kemp’s ridley sea turtle turned 13 today. She is officially a teen!
- Priest sheltering people during Illinois shooting visits El Paso for joint prayer
- Man driving car shot by backseat passenger after mansion party, documents say
- Judge calls hearing in Walmart case following mysterious e-mails to media
- $6M available for New Mexicans wanting electric vehicle charging stations
- Bipartisan bill would boost Border Patrol pay, create reserve unit
- Arrest of cartel leaders leads to shootouts, burning of vehicles in 2 Mexican states