PALO PINTO COUNTY (KFDX/KJTL) — A wildfire burning near Possum Kingdom Lake in Palo Pinto County has now burned an estimated 500 acres and is ten percent contained.
Texas A&M Forest Services said on Twitter Monday night that a crew would continue to battle the blaze overnight and construct a dozer line around the fire.
Tuesday morning, Texas A&M Forest Services shared a map of the 1148 Fire which shows the perimeter of the fire in Palo Pinto County.
According to the National Interagency Fire Center, the fire began on Monday, July 18, 2022, at around 1 p.m. and at this time the cause of the fire is unknown.
This is a breaking news story. For updates with the latest local news, weather, and sports sent directly to your inbox, sign up to receive our e-mail newsletter.
- Images of California woman allegedly poisoning husband released; restraining order filed
- Is McDonald’s ditching plans for the McPlant, its long-awaited plant-based burger?
- Vinton announces connection to new water system
- Whataburger gives back to community at Boys & Girls Club
- Can you catch monkeypox from surfaces?
- Judge denies Texas senator’s request to release Uvalde shooting records