EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Congresswoman Veronica Escobar is set to lead a tour of some of the country’s top lawmakers into an ‘investigation’ to immigrant facilities in the El Paso Border Patrol Sector on Monday.
Several members of Congress and the Texas Legislature, including outspoken New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Congressman Joe Kennedy, will join Escobar on the visit, which will include a tour of the Border Patrol Station in Clint.
As KTSM previously reported, the facility sparked national outrage following reports of inadequate food, water, and sanitation.
Escobar is the Freshman Representative of the Hispanic Caucus and she is leading the tour along with Congressman Joaquin Castro, Chairman of the CHC.
The following lawmakers will be a part of the delegation:
- Congressman Joaquin Castro (TX-20), Chairman of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Congresswoman Veronica Escobar (TX-16), Freshman Representative of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Congresswoman Judy Chu (CA-27), Chairwoman of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus
- Congressman Pete Aguilar (CA-31)
- Congresswoman Norma Torres (CA-35)
- Congresswoman Sylvia Garcia (TX-29)
- Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (NY-14)
- Congresswoman Lori Trahan (MA-3)
- Congressman Joe Kennedy III (MA-4)
- Congressman Marc Veasey (TX-33)
- Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley (MA-7)
- Congresswoman Madeleine Dean (PA-4)
- Congresswoman Rashida Tlaib (MI-13)
- Congressman Greg Stanton (AZ-9)
- Texas State Senators and Representatives
According to a news release, the politicians will discuss the conditions of the facility and the enforcement of the Trump Administration’s immigration policies following the tour.