BILOXI, Miss. (WKRG) — A 15-year-old boy playing with a gun he thought was unloaded accidentally shot and killed his friend Saturday morning.
At 11:52 a.m., Biloxi Police Officers responded to a residence in the 200 block of Nixon St. in Biloxi for a report of a shooting. When officers arrived, a Hispanic boy under the age of 18 was found unresponsive suffering from an apparent gunshot. He was taken to a local hospital, where he later died as a result of his injuries.
The investigation revealed the boy was hanging out with 15-year-old Bennie Hiep Lu of Biloxi. While they were hanging out, the two started playing with a gun. Bennie allegedly had the gun and pulled the trigger believing it was unloaded.
Bennie has been placed under arrest and is being charged as an adult with manslaughter. Justice Court Judge Nick Patano set his bond at $100,000. After being booked in, Bennie was transported to the Harrison County Adult Detention Center.
Anyone who has information regarding this incident or any other incident should contact the Biloxi Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division at 228-435-6112, the Biloxi Police Department at 228-392-0641, the Biloxi Criminal Investigations Division at 228-435-6112, the Biloxi Criminal Intelligence Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Mississippi Coast Crime Stoppers at (877) 787-5898 or online at mscoastcrimestoppers.com.
- Borderland product Munoz shines in Santos Laguna victory over Toluca
- Mount Zion Baptist church community celebrates oldest member’s centennial birthday
- Traffic alert: Crash in West El Paso closes part of I-10 East
- North Texas sweeps UTEP softball on senior weekend
- Monday Morning Sprinkles but Sunny Afternoon; 80s Much of the Week; 90s in Your 9-Day Forecast