EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – According to the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) their gang unit is now investigating the city’s most recent shooting.
RELATED STORY: Suspect in Noble Street shooting arrested
EPPD officials said that 38-year-old Alejandro Toquinto was seriously injured after a Tuesday evening shooting in South Central El Paso.
EPPD officials say the shooting happened near Noble and Myrtle Streets in South Central El Paso, shortly before 9 p.m.
Toquinto was transported by emergency crews to University Medical Center, his injuries were not believed to be “life-threatening.”
Officials with the EPPD add no arrests have been made.
For local and breaking news, sports, weather alerts, video, and more, download the FREE KTSM 9 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
- FDA to require prescriptions for livestock antibiotics, aiming to stop drug-resistant bacteria
- Bored people killed off the Dodo Bird; now a Texas company is hoping to bring it back
- Riverside football star Angel ‘Speedy’ Munoz commits to New Mexico State
- Padilla: $300 million allocated in U.S. budget to keep sewage from Mexico out of California
- Anna Shay, star of Netflix’s ‘Bling Empire,’ dies
- UTEP’s Victor Kibiego set to run at NCAA Track and Field Championships