YELLOW STONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (WFLA) – A 9-year-old Odessa girl was injured after being tossed into the air by a bull bison in Yellowstone National Park on Tuesday.
According to park officials, the incident occurred near Observation Point Trail in the Old Faithful Geyser area on Monday afternoon.
A group of approximately 50 people were within 5-10 feet of bison for at least 20 minutes before eventually causing the bison to charge.
The girl was taken to Old Faithful Lodge by her family where she was assessed and treated by park emergency medical providers before later being taken to and released from the Old Faithful Clinic.
No citations have been issued and the incident is still under investigation.
- UTEP snaps three-game losing streak with 82-74 win over LA Tech
- Miners edge Bulldogs in series opener, 61-58
- Andress races past Austin 91-56, avenges early season loss to Panthers
- Local lawmakers respond to Texas AG lawsuit, call rhetoric ‘reckless’
- El Paso Teachers union worried of shortage of educators amid return to in-person learning