EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – A man is behind bars after allegedly stealing a car from an East-Central El Paso car dealership.
According to the El Paso Police Department, the incident happened on Wednesday, September 7.
Officials say a man, identified as 51-year-old Martin Albert Valenzuela, stole a 2014 Mustang from the La Casita Used Car Dealership located at 5701 Trowbridge.
Police add that during the robbery, Valenzuela injured an employee, identified as 59-year-old Martin Lopez.
EPPD’s Auto Theft Task Force and the Central TAC Unit led the investigation into the theft, which resulted in the Mustang being located and Valenzuela being placed under arrest for Robbery.
Valenzuela was booked into the El Paso County Detention Facility, and is being held on a $100,000 bond.
- Chihuahuas defeat Isotopes, 10-2
- Sheriff’s Office warns of phone scam using imposter deputy to try to get money from victim
- New Mexico State begins official practices for 2022-23 season
- 3 El Paso fire stations to be renovated as part of voter-passed bond
- City of El Paso to reach out to Sunland Park over concerns on development
- Homicide suspect, daughter killed in shootout with California law enforcement