Mobile Ala. (WKRG) — A utility worker heading home after helping to restore power on the Gulf Coast was killed Wednesday in a crash in Mississippi.
The crash happened on Highway 45 in Macon, MS. The utility worker was driving in a convoy of power trucks when he struck an 18-wheeler, according to Assistant Police Chief Douglas Triplett.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun confirms to WKRG News 5 the man killed has been identified as 37-year-old, Darrell Holt, from Excelsior Springs, Missouri. WKRG has learned he worked for R&M Pole Line Construction.
Holt’s family has started a fund to raise money for his funeral. If you would like to donate, click here.
- Health care workers will be first to receive COVID-19 vaccine as early as December, Gov. Abbott says
- Could you get the same COVID-19 treatment as Trump? Here’s who will qualify
- City temporarily suspends curbside recycling collections starting Dec. 1
- UTEP adds No. 18 Arizona State to non-conference schedule
- KTSM to air virtual Thanksgiving Parade on Thursday