EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – El Paso Police Department (EPPD) officials say a motorcyclist who flew off a Central overpass Monday morning sustained serious injuries.
EPPD officials say the high-speed wreck happened Monday, April 18th, shortly after 3 a.m. along the 200 block of North Piedras.
According to EPPD’s Special Traffic Investigators (STI) a 2016 Yamaha driven by 25-year-old Ricardo Acosto Philips, was headed northbound on Piedras at a high rate of speed.
Phillips failed to negotiate the turn, struck the guardrail, was then thrown from the bike and landed some 25 feet below in a gated lot.
The EPPD says Phillips suffered serious injuries and was transported to University Medical Center for treatment. The investigation continues.
No other information is available at this time; look for updated here on KTSM.com and in our later newscasts.
- Pfizer says its COVID shots 80% effective for kids under 5
- Monkeypox likely spread by sex at 2 raves in Europe, expert says
- Top Southern Baptists stonewalled sex abuse victims, investigation finds
- Theories emerge on mysterious liver illnesses in kids
- Public camping about to become a felony in Tennessee
- Texas man arrested for impersonating officer, demanding entry into home