(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- It’s Grr-rr-eat: 18th-ranked UCLA, Pittsburgh to play in 89th Tony the Tiger Sun Bowl
- Trump calls for ‘termination’ of election rules in Constitution to overturn 2020 election
- How to recession-proof your car
- Why are my hands and feet always cold? And when should I be worried?
- Iran morality police status unclear after ‘closure’ comment