(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Las Cruce man suspected of exposing himself to teenage girl
- El Paso County Commissioners extend funeral assistance funding
- 4 signs you’re about to be hit with a big tax surprise
- TxDOT El Paso crews prep roadways ahead of winter weather conditions
- EPCSO searching for sex offender who left Horizon halfway house on Saturday