(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Racing world takes to social media reacting to Ryan Newman crash at Daytona 500
- Remarkable Women: Margarita Del Toro
- Denny Hamlin wins 3rd Daytona 500 in photo finish
- PHOTOS: Driver Ryan Newman hospitalized after horrific wreck at Daytona
- Deported gang members become enforcers for Mexican drug cartels, investigators say