(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- President Trump talks Supreme Court nominee, election, coronavirus and football in NewsNation interview
- FBI seeks more potential victims in ‘Cheer’ star Jerry Harris child porn case
- EPISD cancels volleyball road games against YISD schools allowing fans in stands
- Local health leaders push for virtual holiday celebrations amid pandemic, advise El Pasoans to get flu vaccine