(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Lost children, friends eaten by wild beasts: New book captures plight of U.S.-bound migrants
- UTEP to play Fresno State in New Mexico Bowl in first post-season appearance since 2014
- Study finds apparent increase in Myopericarditis after Covid-19 Vaccination
- DEA busts drug ring tied to Sinaloa Cartel: 110K fake Fentanyl pills, Cocaine, $450K seized
- UTEP volleyball to host Weber State in first-ever home postseason match