(CNN) — John Cena is doing some method acting with his bank account.
The wrestler-turned-actor says he will donate half a million dollars to the people fighting the wildfires in California.
Cena plays a firefighter in an upcoming comedy film called “Playing With Fire.”
He is asking Paramount — which produced the film — to select a charity that aids first responders.
Multiple wildfires are raging in both Northern and Southern California.
The Kincade Fire in Sonoma County has forced nearly 200,000 people from their homes.
Close to one million California residents have had their power service interrupted because of the fires.
Latest News Headlines:
- Adler joins other mayors to press Biden administration on gun violence prevention
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Near record heat possible Father’s Day weekend
- OKC Dodgers clip Chihuahuas 8-3 in series finale
- Over 30 migrants found suffering from heat related illness in semi-truck traveling through Van Horn
- Gaza violence erupts for first time since end of last month’s fighting