El PASO, Texas (KTSM) — On the first day of early voting in El Paso and Texas, Dr. Jill Biden is making a tour of Texas to boost turnout for her husband, former Vice President Joe Biden.
Dr. Biden is visiting Houston and Dallas today, in addition to El Paso. Congresswoman Veronica Escobar and former Congressman Beto O’Rourke will be joining Biden at the event.
Earlier this week, the Texas Tribune released a poll showing President Donald Trump leading Joe Biden by 5 percentage points in Texas, while other polls have the pair neck-and-neck.
The Biden campaign sees the Lone Star state as in play due to the unusually close polling numbers between the Republican incumbent and Democratic challenger in Deep Red Texas.
- Vaccine registration builds frustration amongst elderly and other vulnerable groups
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Rain chances increase this week
- Trevelin Queen signs to NBA G League roster for 2021 season
- Juarez tracking caravans, preparing for arrival of more migrants from Central America
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional