Seven former Fox Toyota employees and associates have been arrested and charged in an elaborate fraud scheme dating back almost a full year.
In May 2016, El Paso Police were notified of two missing vehicles from the dealership. EPPD’s financial crimes investigators launched an investigation into the missing vehicles which ultimately revealed that several Fox Toyota associates and former employees were allegedly working together in several criminal incidents.
As a result of the investigation, EPPD arrested seven people who were allegedly working in different scams including a tire theft scheme, using Fox vehicles illegally, over billing vendors, insurance schemes, and hiding information of their illegal enterprise from Fox Toyota Management.
Those arrested include:
- Mark Alvarez, 39 – Engaging in Organized Criminal Activity (EIOCA) Theft above $20k less than $100k. Theft over $25k under $30k (2x, two separate scams)
- Miguel Silva, 32 -Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle
- Cesar Valdivez, 41 – EIOCA Theft
- Luis Silva, 44 – Misapplication of Fiduciary Property above $30k less than $150k
- Carlos Velasquez, 36 – Unauthorized Use of Motor Vehicle
- Albert Vargas, 34 – EIOCA Theft
- Frederico Gutierrez, 51 – Theft over $20k under $30k/Forgery
EPPD says that their year-long investigation is continuing and they expect additional charges in the case.