EL PASO, Texas (KTSM)- A mobile home in El Paso’s Lower Valley is destroyed by an early morning fire.

El Paso Fire Department (EPFD) crews rushed to the home on the 9700 hundred block of Landgren Drive around 8 a.m. Tuesday.

Fire dispatch told KTSM firefighters were able to knock out the blaze and keep it from spreading to nearby homes.

A total of 7 EPFD units responded to the fire, with 18 firefighters on the scene.

Video KTSM captured shows the swamp cooler on top of the home partially caved in along with extensive damage caused by this fire.

There were initial reports of a person inside the home, however, crews said the home was clear.

Officials say the fire was determined to have been caused by an electrical malfunction of a dryer appliance

For local and breaking news, sports, weather alerts, videos, and more, download the FREE KTSM 9 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.