Update: Crews contain fire in West-Central El Paso caused by a homeless person

News

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — El Paso Fire Department crews were able to contain a Condition 2 major fire in an abandoned building caused by an unattended fire that a homeless person started to stay warm.

The initial call came out just after midnight. The call was upgraded to a Condition 2 fire, which allowed additional units to respond to the scene.

According to an El Paso Fire Department Facebook post, the fire happened at a vacant building on the 900 block of N. Kansas, and no injuries were reported.

Damage is estimated at $40,000, the post said.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

KTSM Video Center

Del Valle Middle School Meals Suspended

Thumbnail for the video titled "Del Valle Middle School Meals Suspended"

Coronavirus Prevention: Are you washing your hands properly?

Thumbnail for the video titled "Coronavirus Prevention: Are you washing your hands properly?"

Coronavirus Prevention: Are you washing your hands properly?

Thumbnail for the video titled "Coronavirus Prevention: Are you washing your hands properly?"

Nine citations given in El Paso for COVID-19 order violations

Thumbnail for the video titled "Nine citations given in El Paso for COVID-19 order violations"

self-quarantine guidelines

Thumbnail for the video titled "self-quarantine guidelines"
More Local
Advertise with KTSM 9 Link