EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — El Paso Fire Department crews were able to contain a Condition 2 major fire in an abandoned building caused by an unattended fire that a homeless person started to stay warm.
The initial call came out just after midnight. The call was upgraded to a Condition 2 fire, which allowed additional units to respond to the scene.
According to an El Paso Fire Department Facebook post, the fire happened at a vacant building on the 900 block of N. Kansas, and no injuries were reported.
Damage is estimated at $40,000, the post said.