EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Officials with the El Paso Police Department (EPPD) provided an update to Sunday evening’s injured pedestrian call at Bassett Place Mall.
According to officials the entire incident was sparked over two men fighting over a spot in the Target store parking lot.
Around 5:30 p.m. Sunday evening, 37–year-old Saul Saenz and 40-year-old Luis Adrian Hernandez exchanged words over a parking space, leading both to get out of their cars.
Officers say during the confrontation, Saenz was assaulted by Hernandez. Saenz then ran back to his Ford Explorer and Hernandez, now in his Honda CRV reversed, colliding into a parked Nissan Titan.
Hernandez then drove forward into Saenz pinning him between the CRV and the Explorer. Police say Saenz sustained serious injuries and Hernandez was placed under arrest.
Police add that a 13-year-old boy was seated inside the Ford Explorer when it was rammed by Hernandez.
As a result, Hernandez was additionally charged with placing that 13 –year old in imminent danger.
Hernandez is now charged with:
Aggravated Assault – Bond: $75,000
Abandoning or Endangering a Child – Bond: $15,000
RELATED STORY: Pedestrian hit in parking lot at Bassett Place Mall
- Thursday night hoops: Las Cruces boys defeat Mayfield in rivalry showdown
- New Mexico State women take down Cal Baptist 62-61 on late Inoussa jumper
- UTEP upsets No. 21 Middle Tennessee 65-62 on late Jazion Jackson three-pointer
- UTEP men drop road contest at Middle Tennessee, 84-72
- El Paso short-term rental property owners voice their concerns on regulations
- Exclusive 9 day forecast: Spring-like weather this weekend