The El Paso Fire Department responded the Ron Coleman trail after a hiker called 911 around 2:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon.
The Combined Search and Rescue team were immediately dispatched to find the hiker who needed help getting down. Crews reached the 28 year old man who was able to climb down on his own after the team arrived.
No injuries were reported.
The El Paso Fire Department and Texas Parks and Wildlife want to remind the public of a few safety tips before heading out to the trails.
- Plan before you go.
- Don’t hike beyond your capabilities.
- Always stay on the trail.
- Have a phone for emergencies but don’t rely on them. A whistle, mirror, flag, flashlight are also good for signaling your location.
- Carry drinking water and light snacks.
- Check weather condition and dress accordingly.