EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – Bank of America announced a $25,000 donation to the El Pasoans Fighting Hunger Food Bank (EPFH) during the Chihuahuas final home game, as part of the Chihuahuas’ Strike Out Hunger initiative.
The bank has served as the Presenting Partner of every strikeout pitched at home during the El Paso Chihuahuas’ regular season. Bank of America pledged $25 for each strikeout pitched at home by the Chihuahuas. In addition to Bank of America’s rounded donation, the Chihuahuas will also be donating $10,000 to the food bank.
“Our mission is so critical, and as El Paso’s only food bank, we rely on donations like this in order to provide quality meals for those in need.”said Susan Goodell, CEO of El Pasoans Fighting Hunger.
The Chihuahuas threw 707 strikeouts at home, and the resulting combined donations from Bank of America and the Chihuahuas will provide for more than 240,000 meals donated.
“Watching your team throw a strikeout is always fun, but when you know that each one means more money for the food bank, good baseball means great outcomes for our community,”said Brad Taylor, MountainStar Sports Group Senior Vice President and Chihuahuas General Manager.
- El Paso police arrest 26 people for DWI during Thanksgiving weekend
- Trump takes sharp GOP criticism over meeting with white nationalist
- Weather Watcher of the day!
- NM State Police issue more than 2K tickets, seize drugs during Thanksgiving sweep
- Biden calls on Congress to intervene to avert rail shutdown
- Can’t fight City Hall? Learn how it works at Neighborhood Leadership Academy