DALLAS (AP) — Police say a 2-year-old child has been hospitalized in critical condition after being mauled by a coyote on the front porch of the child’s Dallas home.
The attack happened about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday in a neighborhood just north of White Rock Lake in Dallas.
A police statement says a responding officer subsequently spotted the coyote in a park near the child’s home and opened fire on the animal, which retreated into nearby woods.
Police say it’s unknown if the officer wounded the animal, but a search with a game warden began.
Police warned neighborhood residents that the coyote should be considered extremely dangerous.
- Melendez hits 28th home run, ties Texas single-season record
- New Mexico State tops Utah Valley 17-6, punches ticket to WAC Tournament
- Americas walks off South Grand Prairie, headed to Elite 8 for first time ever
- Chihuahuas fall in game one at Round Rock, 8-3
- Hundreds expelled to Haiti from El Paso under Title 42 on Friday
- Federal judge rules to keep Title 42, Judge Samaniego says El Paso still needs to prepare