LOS ANGELES (KTSM) – Comedian Dave Chappelle was attacked by a man while performing on stage at the Hollywood Bowl in Los Angeles Tuesday night.
According to published reports, the unidentified man jumped on stage, rushed and tackled Chappelle, and then attempted to run away.
Reports indicate that the man was then surrounded by security at the rear of the stage and subdued.
Social media videos and photos of the attack have been posted, despite organizers holding festival attendee’s phones for the duration of the performances.
Shortly after the attack, attendees say fellow comedian Chris Rock took to the stage with Chappelle and quipped, “Was that Will Smith?” The joke was in reference to Rock being slapped by Will Smith during this year’s Academy Awards, after Rock made a joke about Smith’s wife, Jada.
Chappelle was performing as part of a comedy festival, the Netflix Is A Joke-Fest.
For a full update on the situation, visit our corporate sister station, KTLA.com
- 8 young employees from cartel-run call center found dead after trying to quit jobs
- Chihuahuas throttle OKC Dodgers 15-5 in rain-delayed Tuesday clash
- UTEP’s Jakub Belik set to compete at NCAA Championships in high jump
- El Paso Diocese to get 3 new priests; ordination ceremony set for Wednesday
- NM-based Nusenda CU to acquire Western Heritage Bank
- Wisconsin teen’s body found in SUV 4 days after it was towed to lot following crash
For local and breaking news, sports, weather alerts, videos, and more, download the FREE KTSM 9 News App from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.